[X Newbies] Where do these files go?

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Wed Aug 13 02:50:55 PDT 2003

On 8/13/03 11:39, "Ann & Bill" <wgreene1 at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> I just purchased a new G4. When running 9.2.2 I have 6-7 files and folders
> on my hard drive that seem to apply to OSX 10.2.There are 2 application
> folders and only one says (Mac OS 9) also 2 system folders. One folder is
> labeled just System the other labeled System Folder. There are files as
> well. One labeled  tmp, one etc, one mach. Can all these files be put in
> just one folder and do they have to remain the window for macintosh hd?
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DON'T MOVE THOSE FOLDERS!!! Those folders must be there for Mac OS X to work
correctly. While you can move the Classic System Folder and the OS 9
Applications folder, make sure you reset your Classic preferences, selecting
the new location for the System Folder. But don't move anything else.

Kirk

              Co-author of Microsoft Office v. X Inside Out
                http://www.mcelhearn.com/insideout.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .