Disappearing subject line in Sent Mail?

Steve St-Laurent st-laur at telus.net
Wed Aug 13 07:39:18 PDT 2003

Norman Cohen <nacohen at mac.com> wrote:
> Sorry. You can. I just dragged and dropped into the To: field, the
> Subject: field, etc. Running 10.2.6 and Mail 1.2.5.
>
> Norm
> On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 08:45  AM, Steve St-Laurent wrote:
>
>> Yup. Known problem. You can't drag to the subject area in Mail. Seen
>> it many times. First reported on Macintouch about a half-year ago.

Sorry, Norm, it's NOT that clear-cut:

1. Blank message window.

2. Type a couple of words in the message area, making sure not to type
a carriage return or any other character that would get blamed.

3. Highlight and drag to subject line. Heck, drag same from BBEdit with
show-invisibles on just to be sure there is no carriage return.

4. Save as draft, send to yourself, whatever.

5. I consistently do not get the dragged subject saved, as Macintosh
Lady described [OSX 10.2.6/Mail 1.2.5] and have had this problem
through every iteration of Mail to date.

There is a problem with this. Being so dismissive really isn't helpful.