Disappearing subject line in Sent Mail?

Steve St-Laurent st-laur at telus.net
Fri Aug 15 07:47:28 PDT 2003

Norman Cohen <nacohen at mac.com>:

> First, from MacintoshLady's original post, I didn't realize that the
> problem wasn't the drag and drop, but the maintenance of the text in
> the Subject field once the message was sent. That is a different issue,
> albeit related somewhat to drag and drop. In fact, as noted below, I
> agree that Mail doesn't maintain the dragged text in the subject field
> when it was placed there by drag and drop.
>
> Second, I certainly wasn't being dismissive. I tried to do what it
> appeared ML was doing and the text dragged and stayed in the subject
> field. I didn't subsequently send the message until later when I
> confirmed the problem. By this point a number of other posts dealing
> with the issue had appeared and it seemed redundant to respond.
>
> If you go back through the archives, you will see that I don't get
> involved in being dismissive about people's posts, I try to help and I
> don't participate in flame wars. I'm a bit offended to be accused of
> doing something of that sort. I've been on this list since the beta
> days and it bothers me how short-fused members of this list have become
> over the past year or so.

. . . after my comment that the problem was real. [See below.] I am
sorry for being so testy so early in the morning. Should have had a
coffee first. Perhaps I came out of the gate quickly because this bug
drives me crazy. Dragging some words from a message body to the subject
area seems such a natural thing to do. When I first encountered it many
moons ago I thought it was my computer, so I tested it on a few others
to be sure.

Again, my apologies.