[X Newbies] Epson Stylus Pro 7600 printer

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Aug 18 17:51:50 PDT 2003

G.M. HADLOW said:

>Im looking at getting an Epson Stylus Pro 7600 printer. Its a large format
>printer. I want to get the optional Epson Postscript Rip software, and
>Ehternet option. What I want to know is if this would work on a G4 running
>OS 10.2.6.

The Epson OS X driver for this printer can be downloaded from:

http://tinyurl.com/kfdf

>I've looked on the Epson site and cant seem to establish if it will work
>exclusivly on a mac. I get the impression that I need to buy a windows
>machine to act as the Rip.

Correct.  The RIP software from Epson will only work on a Windows server,
though it will print to a Macintosh.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=y
es&oid=19771210

>I don¹t want to do that.
>I would be printing stuff from FreeHand and Photoshop.

PowerRIP X is a PostScript Level 3 Compatible RIP (Raster Image
Processor) for Epson Inkjet Printers.
http://www.iproofsystems.com/PowerRIPX/PowerRIPXhomepage.htm

Randy B. Singer

How To Deal With Common Macintosh OS X Jaguar Problems
http://www.macattorney.com/tutorial.html