[X Newbies] decrypting keychains

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Fri Aug 29 09:27:00 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003, at 18:47 Canada/Eastern, TheMacintoshLady
wrote:

> I would simply go into Keychain and NUKE the whole list....then YOU
> choose what you want it to remember. <sigh> I hate how it tries to
> assume.........

My opinion is that Keychain is quite nicely implemented (wasn't it
there already in OS 9, anyway?), and it makes good sense in the OS X
environment. My chief problem is that it doesn't allow to print a hard
copy of the items stored therein (presumably for security reasons).

I mean no disrespect, but I think that your complaints about how OS X
works stem to a large extent from insisting to treat it like OS 9.
IMHO, in the long run you'd be more productive if you approached it on
its own terms, keeping in mind that, under the skin, it's really a very
different beast. (Of course, that's not how things should be. We are
forced to adapt to the computer, rather than having computers adapt to
us -- but that's not going to happen any time soon.)