[X Newbies] app extensions?

James S Jones jsjones at mac.com
Fri Dec 5 00:38:09 PST 2003

.p65 is PageMaker 6.5, which is the same file format is PageMaker 7
(whose files are labeled .pmd). And, yes, .ai is some sort of
Illustrator file, though it could be any version.

PM 6.5 and 7 files can be opened in InDesign if you don't have
PageMaker. Illustrator 10 is the best choice for older version files.
If someone was still using PM 6.5, though, the likely version of
Illustrator they'd be using would be 6 or 8--they're contemporary to
that version of PageMaker.