[X Newbies] window view

Jim Eddy giametti at mac.com
Fri Dec 5 03:57:14 PST 2003

On Dec 3, 2003, at 12:48 PM, Ben Gold wrote:

> I've looked online to no avail.
>
> is there a way to set the defualt view for ALL windows?  I.E., I'd
> like all my windows to open in list view, I'd also like them to be the
> pared down 10.2 version (press the upper right button on Panther to
> see).
>
> Is there some global preference I can set using the terminal?

Open a new window. Make all the changes you want--view, size,placement,
  etc. then immediately close the window. Open a new one, and it should
look like the one you just made.

Jim Eddy                                      James Eddy Woodworks
giametti at mac.com                              Mount Pleasant, MI
http://home.earthlink.net/~jameseddywoodworks