[X Newbies] Epson 740 Utility and Panther Problem

Albert D'Amanda adamanda at mac.com
Wed Dec 31 14:41:14 PST 2003

On Dec 31, 2003, at 4:31 PM, Jon Warms wrote:

> Hey--can I have your 740? 'Cause my 740 works great under Panther and I
> could use a backup. (Works in both Panther and Classic.)

No, not really

It works for you because you must have Classic installed. I believe
that configuration  establishes  the link.

My  Power mac , 1. 25 DP  G4 FW800 is the model that can not boot ( or
install) into classic

But I do have a fail back position

My "old" trusty B&W 500 Mhz G3 is fully up and running as my backup
equipment with  OS 9.1 installed.
Its located  in my basement. ( Just went there and booted it up for my
monthly check)
So when  head cleaning time comes , which is very often for the Epson
740, I plan to carry it downstairs, hook it up to the B&W and clean
away.

No problem.
Solved tougher problems than this!
Plan to setup a weekly cleaning maintenance program

It never ends

Some day I expect that Epson will come up with a Utility  version that
is compatible with Panther.

albert