[X Newbies] Epson 740 Utility and Panther Problem

Albert D'Amanda adamanda at mac.com
Wed Dec 31 16:43:44 PST 2003

On Dec 31, 2003, at 6:04 PM, Charles Martin wrote:

> If you've chosen plain "USB" as the connection method, perhaps the
> utilities are not available. If you've chosen "EPSON USB" then they
> should be.

Thanks for your input

I think I see the "problem"(?)

With the Panther supplied Printer Setup utility V3.0 , my USB Epson 740
ONLY shows up in the Printer List when I select USB.
When I select Epson USB the List is blank !

I did a full install of Panther 3 , on a reformatted HD , using both
Retail Discs as supplied by Apple. That's it!

Is the above telling me :

1. that I do not have a native  Epson USB 740 driver installed and the
system is connected thru  a universal Apple USB extension?

or

2. That the Printer Setup Utility does not recognize the Epson USB
Driver ?

I plan to go to the Epson site and look at posted drivers for the Epson
740 and maybe hack around a bit and see what develops

albert