[X Newbies] eMac can't keep time

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 7 13:17:28 PST 2003

on 03/02/07 07:28, David Crandon at tdc at attbi.com wrote:

> It has baffled me that while they have had $10 watches that keep almost
> perfect time for the last 15 years, a $3000 computer can't.

Deetya, is your eMac under warranty or AppleCare?  Batteries are maybe not
covered, but if it is not the battery, then there is some other hardware
problem which you should have fixed while you've got the coverage.

...unless some software is changing time zones on you.  But if that were the
case the minutes would always be correct, only the hours would be wrong.

Jerry