[X Newbies] B&W 350 beats B&W 450 same OS, 10.2.3

Leon Sargent Jr. Leon.Sargent5 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 9 16:54:10 PST 2003

On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 07:39  PM, paulatx1 at aol.com wrote:

>  The more ram, the faster OSX runs

This seems to be what everyone is saying in the last few replies.

>      The only other thing you didn't mention was how much open space
> was left on the harddrives.
I have 26 Gig on my 30 gig harddrive and I don't use my 6 Gig.  My
nephew has a 12 Gig and has about 4 gig left.
So I think I have the 10% rule covered

>  You need at least 10% of the harddrive to be open for efficient
> running.

Why would I need 3 Gig to run efficiently?  Is that for the creation of
the swap file?

> But I beleive that simply increasing your ram will give you the boost
> in performance you seek.

Lets hope as I have another 256 Meg of ram coming for a system total of
512 and if things seem to improve than I will order one more 256 Meg
Dimm.  Hope this solves my problem and thanks for all those that got
back to me.

Lee