iDisk stuff

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Feb 10 12:45:13 PST 2003

I've been trying to keep some web pages on iDisk and getting pretty
frustrated. It seems to work OK for copying one item over at a time,
but if you want to copy two or three (or god forbid a FOLDER!) then
likely as not, it gets and "Error 50" and doesn't copy some stuff and
even leaves files half-copied.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a folder sync tool that can help
get past this?  If iDisk were reliable, it wouldn't be too bad to keep
a small web site by hand, but as it is, its incredibly tedious to copy
over anything more than an individual file.

Just today, I tried to copy over a folder with 6 items in it. 4 copied,
and it died on the 5th. I opened the folders and manually compared it -
the 5th item was half-copied. I drug item 5 and 6 in . . . ERROR - one
of the files is busy, can't overwrite it.  So I drag the hosed file to
the trash. It deletes, then I drag the two items again, and they both
copy. That's the kind of frustrating crap that makes me wonder if
anyone is going to pay for this service. I wouldn't if I weren't
getting the cost back through last year's iPhoto print special offer.

SR