[X Newbies] iDisk stuff

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 10 12:47:30 PST 2003

On 2/10/03 21:45, "Steven Rogers" <srogers1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to keep some web pages on iDisk and getting pretty
> frustrated. It seems to work OK for copying one item over at a time,
> but if you want to copy two or three (or god forbid a FOLDER!) then
> likely as not, it gets and "Error 50" and doesn't copy some stuff and
> even leaves files half-copied.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a folder sync tool that can help
> get past this?  If iDisk were reliable, it wouldn't be too bad to keep
> a small web site by hand, but as it is, its incredibly tedious to copy
> over anything more than an individual file.

Yes, iDisk truly sucks. There was a time when Goliath (a WebDAV client)
would work; now even it gets these errors.

I have given up trying to use it, and will certainly not renew my
subscription.

Kirk

                                  vice versa
  Freelance Writer | Technical Writer | Translator - French to English
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .