[X Newbies] Crash city

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Thu Feb 13 06:56:17 PST 2003

Ouch!

Surely there must be a workround for this.. I know for example when Apple
started labelling the disks for specific computers instead of sending out
plain 9 and OSX discs - you could find the component on the disk to do what
you want and install on another machine. I guess no go here.

Oh wait a second.. If you boot into OS9 you should still be able to turf the
X installation and have your space back. Is there a problem doing it that
way?

Maybe call support like PaulaTx1 suggested - maybe a OS9 CD will find it's
way to you?

On 2/13/03 6:40 AM, "TheMacintoshLady" <TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Gregoire Seither tapped out this message on 2/13/2003 6:39 AM
>
>> Ahem... come again ? If you boot from the OS 9 CD and reformat the drive and
>> only install 9.1 on it it will not work ?
>
> There is no Boot CD for 9, the OS 9 is in .pkg format and it must be done
> with X on the drive.....so no, you can't.

Bill Reburn