[X Newbies] Crash city

Gregoire Seither gregoire at pobox.com
Thu Feb 13 07:06:36 PST 2003

le 13/02/2003 15:40, TheMacintoshLady écrivait :

> There is no Boot CD for 9, the OS 9 is in .pkg format and it must be done
> with X on the drive.....so no, you can't.

Ahem again... you should normally have  received 4 CDs with your new Mac

- Mac OS X install
- Mac OS 9 install
- Apple Hardware Test
- Applications

You can boot off the first three. - If you haven't received these CDs, check
with the store or send me an address where I can send you one of ours.

But I still don't see why you can't
a) boot into X :
b) install OS 9 from the package
c) boot into OS 9
d) trash the Mac OS X folder to gain disk space

By the way, on all our systems Mac OS X takes about 1 ,2 Gig (with
applications and big Mail file), nowhere near the 6 Gigs you wish to
reclaim.

Greg