[X Newbies] Crash city

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 13 08:50:29 PST 2003

Bill Reburn tapped out this message on 2/13/2003 9:17 AM

>> Nope.....and I will probably switch back to OS 9 now permanently that
>> I've had my fling

>Problem solved. Sounds like 9 is for you.

It just works.

>> this machine can boot into 9 but will not allow you
>> to erase the HD and JUST have 9

>Where did yo come up with that one?
>Simply insert OS9 CD, erase, install, done.

I did not "come up with that one". You can not "Simply insert OS9 CD"
because it is not a boot CD with a system folder on it like a normal boot
CD. It has OS 9 installers in .pkg format and must be installed with OS X
as the boot drive...or booted with an OS X CD.
This is where Apple has shot itself in the foot. There was a sign in the
local Apple dealer that said "If you are looking for OS 9, we still have
machines that have it....." I could have bought one from there, but it
probably would have been the 700 mhz model, not the 800.