[X Newbies] Crash city

Joe Ellis jellis at gdeb.com
Fri Feb 14 10:10:58 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "TheMacintoshLady" <TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net>
To: "Mac OS X Newbies" <X-Newbies at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 11:14 AM
Subject: Re: [X Newbies] Crash city

> Robert Ameeti tapped out this message on 2/14/2003 10:44 AM
>
> >The only kind of posts that you ever make, and you do make a lot of them,
> >are bitching and bitching. Never helping anyone, just bitching about the
OS.

> Hmm, never helping? That's interesting..I help people almost 14 hrs per
> day, sometimes on call 24/7...
>
> >And you bought a new machine?
> >Couldn't you have left it alone?
>
> Left WHAT alone? I think for the $$ that was paid, the person should be
> able to use it don't you?
> Excuse me but we are here, learning together. And it has been determined
> that I am right about my machine which is brand new, that it has no 9
> boot CD. A lot of folks assumed that if it boots into 9 you got a CD with
> it and you could boot with that and reformat.
> So again, I say we are learning. If it sounds like bitching to you, sorry.
>
> What is your problem and I will help you if I can...which is what I get
> paid to do all day...and why a little bitching (sometimes it takes a
> little forcefulness to get an answer, especially on this OS) goes a long
> way to find out information to help others..Please know what you are
> talking about before you complain.
> Thanks.

I'm a little late to this thread, but I got the impression you had just
purchased more than one new machine. Is that correct? If so what model are
they? Are you aware that Apple has stated that after January; almost all
models of Macs "WILL NOT BOOT INTO OS 9". If your model was one of these,
there will be NO OS 9 CD provided because it would be useless anyway. An OS
9 System folder is provided on the hard drive to support Classic, and that
folder is probably part of the recovery CD set provided. If your order was
filled prior to January and you didn't get OS 9 CD's call Apple and tell
them, they should correct the situation, either way, this appears like you
should have a beef with Apple. Why are you taking up bandwidth here?

Joe Ellis