File from Hell -Help!

David Whelpley whelp at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 15 11:23:42 PST 2003

My G4  (10.2.3) locked up last night while I was downloading RealOne
player and trying to open a shareware game. My machine totally locked
and I couldn't use the mouse or a keyboard command to make a forced
quit. I finally held down the power button to turn it off. It
restarted just fine.

Now I have a problem the partially downloaded  RealOne player(sit.)
on my desktop cannot be trashed!  It tells me my file is being used
by another task right now when I try to trash it.

I have tried the following:
Looked for it in I.E.'s download manager-It's not there
Unlocked file under ownwership and permissions-Unlocks just fine but
won't trash
Changed ownership to administrator and unlocked-Unlocks just fine but
won't trash
I have run Disk Utility from Apple-No help

Can anyone else think of something to try? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Dave Whelpley