[X Newbies] Airport Extreme

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 20 11:35:42 PST 2003

Bill Reburn tapped out this message on 2/20/2003 2:06 PM

>The bottom line is - if you want Airport and you want it to run on OS9
>machines only - you will have to look at some vendors that still sell the
>original Basestation. If you want Extreme, then you will need an OSX machine
>- plus this all depends on how many other OSX machines you have to make it
>worthy (since the Extreme bandwidth can only work with the newer OSX Extreme
>Airport enabled machines).

The sad truth is I tried to trust my data to OS X but can't at this time.
SO I have removed it from all but one machine that I use for
"experiments". The rest keep chugging along and keep me working as I do
not need the stress of losing this along with everything else I have lost
and that has happened to me lately. This was just bad timing for me, for
Apple to suddenly "Go PC" just to compete with PC makers. Lowest common
denominator!