[X Newbies] Where did my Classic go??

Birgit Rhoads woodlandogs at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 26 11:38:16 PST 2003

Sherry, what you did originally is an easy mistake for those of us coming
over from OS 9.  In the older systems, you could fool around with your HD a
bit, rename folders, etc.  Not so with OS X.  Your "System" is for the OS X
system stuff.  Your "System Folder" is for your OS 9 stuff.  Your
Applications is for OS X and your Applications (Mac OS 9) is for OS 9.
Don't delete/combine any of these...and don't change stuff in your OS X
System or Applications other than adding new apps.  You can do your own
thing in Users, other than Library, I would not play with that one.  If you
do this, you will not have to worry about having to reinstall systems.

Birgit