Trouble with Default Browser

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Sun Jan 5 10:52:44 PST 2003

>Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 12:41:58 -0500
>From: Robert roehner <snopple at mac.com>
>Subject: Re: [X Newbies] Trouble with Default Browser
>
>On 03Jan03, Birgit Rhoads <woodlandogs at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>Are you sure that the mail program you are using is OS
>>X?  Just a thought that you could be clicking on a OS 9
>>mail program and didn't notice the multicolored apple in
>>the menu bar.
>
>Brigit,
>
>When we set up our new OS 10.2.3 eMac Christmas night, I started
>using the Mail program that was shipped with the computer. While it
>worked as advertised, I didn't like it. So I downloaded Eudora 5.2-
>the OS X version. I've been using Eudora for the past eight years. I
>like it, I'm used to it, and IMHO, it is vastly superior to Apple's
>Mail program.
>
>I know I'm using the OS X version because when it launches, the Apple
>in the menu bar remains blue and the upper left of all the Eudora
>windows have the red, yellow, and green buttons. But your post got me
>to thinking.
>
>What I did was quit both Eudora and Explorer. Then I launched Apples
>mail program. And clicked on some links that had been sent to me
>while I was using that program. Guess what? The OS X version of
>Explorer launched right away. It didn't even attempt to start Classic.
>
>So I guess the problem lies with Eudora. While it runs native in OS
>X, apparently it isn't a true OS X program. Must be some kind of
>hybrid or carbon that runs under both operating systems. Thanks for
>helping me figure out why this is happening.
>
>Robert Roehner
><snopple at mac.com>

To configure the browser that Eudora uses, option click on a link,
then select the application.
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html