[X Newbies] iTunes over airport?

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 21 13:45:22 PST 2003

On 1/21/03 21:58, "Brian Fish" <b.fish at durandac.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
> Question:  I've got my new iBook and my Dell PC connected over airport, and
> sharing files between them wirelessly is a breeze.  Is there a way to access
> my mp3 library (that is located on my PC) over airport in iTunes without
> having to copy the mp3 files to my iTunes library and bog down my iBook hard
> drive?  Somewhat like streaming with Rendevous like Steve Jobs did a demo of
> at MWNY02.  It's a pain to have to delete every song from my iTunes library
> after I'm done listening to it in iTunes.  Like I said, There's no sense in
> using the iBook hard drive space if I don't have to.  Thanks.

I've never tried, but you should be able to make an alias to the folder
containing your MP3 files on the PC. Mount the PC volume then make an alias
on the Mac. If that works, you can select your tunes from that folder...

Kirk

      My forthcoming book: Unix for Mac OS X: Learning the Command Line
                     http://www.mcelhearn.com/unix.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .