new eMacs!!!

Brian Fish b.fish at durandac.org
Thu Jan 23 06:24:37 PST 2003

Hi all,
 I just wanted to share my story.  I took a job in the summer as the
Technology Coordinator of a small special education school.  I've spent most
of my time troubleshooting the 6 year old Compaq's they've been using.
Painful.  Not a Mac in the building.  Just from me casually bragging about
Macs over the past few months, I've convinced them to go Mac!  We have 9
classrooms.  As of yesterday, I now have 9 beautiful eMacs in my office.
(man is it crowded)  I'm in hog heaven, or as the principal of the school
said...Mac Heaven!  Now  I have to spend the next few weeks locked away in
my office setting them up and installing all the software, etc.  Poor Me!!
My attitude towards my job has suddenly changed...ah, the power of mac.  The
best part of it is that all of the 'PC Users' in the school that made funny
faces when I said we were getting Macs have been drooling as they walk past
my office.  Many of them have even stopped to ask where they could buy one
for their kids at home.  It's now my mission to get macs into every school
in America.  Just thought I'd share my excitement with all of you.

-Brian
P.S.- Shawn King gave me a shout out on YML last night.  You may remember my
excitement when Sly gave me a shout out last month.  Two in one month.  My
13 minutes 37 seconds and counting of fame. I rule!