Word [was 20GB of good news] OT

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 31 02:08:39 PST 2003

On 31/1/03 Kirk McElhearn wrote:

>The first reason is that there's no choice - publishers will
>only accept Word, or obscure Unix formats like LaTex.

Won't they take .pdfs?  Or is it so that they can do their own editing?
They could do this in Acrobat (to a point) if they wanted.  I thought
this was the new way of doing things - the writer does all the work and
provides camera ready copy as a pdf.

I'm a Nisus user, but have to admit it is way behind in feature terms.
Latterly I've been looking at RagTime - a public beta of the X-version is
available at http://www.ragtime-online.com  (about 50Mb).  It has an odd
way of working but is worth a look.  Any Classic users could look at the
Solo version which is free for non-commercial use.

Chris