Still confused about DVD-RW

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 5 09:55:37 PDT 2003

This is getting more and more confusing.

Apple has two types of DVD media for sale and I'm not sure which I should
buy. I want to burn a movie to DVDs that folks can see on regular DVD
players.

I have the 800mhz eMac with the Superdrive, running iDVD on 10.2.6
So far the monitor has held off getting any worse from the "raster shift"
and I can still use it so I have not brought it back for replacement yet.

But, I get an error stating that I need a compatible version of iDVD.
There isn't an update that I can see, and I am using the latest iMovie
available so what's up with that?  I tried burning the DVD to the one
disc that was provided and it did nothing but crash.

Then there is all this scary stuff about ruining your drive if you use
the wrong discs.

Will I ever get this movie onto a DVD disc?
I am doubtful and very discouraged!