Can't Open Mail

Deborah Hagen debhagen at mac.com
Mon Jul 21 17:02:01 PDT 2003

I've been having trouble with "sleep mode" wherein my PowerMac G4 10.2.6
starts to go to sleep, then wakes back up halfway through and the mouse
quits (cursor can no longer be moved, unresponsive to clicking buttons,
keyboard unresponsive).

Force quitting has caused serious problems: now Mail won't open anymore.
Error message says Mail has "unexpectedly quit."  Repairing permissions and
fsck haven't fixed it.  Do I have to reinstall Mail and if so, how?  Is
there any way to save all my rules, accounts, addresses, mail, etc.?

Please help!

Deb Hagen
debhagen at mac.com