[X Newbies] Can't Open Mail

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Tue Jul 22 10:44:32 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 02:35:41AM -0700, Deborah Hagen wrote:
: On Monday, July 21, 2003, at 07:30PM, Vincent Cayenne <vcayenne at mac.com> wrote:
: >At 5:02 PM -0700 7/21/03, Deborah Hagen wrote:
: >>
: >>I've been having trouble with "sleep mode" wherein my PowerMac G4 10.2.6
: >>starts to go to sleep, then wakes back up halfway through and the mouse
: >>quits
: >
: >Please list *all* USB devices connected to this machine. Are any
: >connected to the keyboard?
:
: Logitech Wireless Optical Mouse (to keyboard)
: Apple Pro Keyboard (to 17" Studio Display)
: Brother HL-1450 Laser Printer
: 4-port USB Hub: Dymo Labelmaker, Palm M125 Cradle
:
: Firewire Devices: LaCie d2 120 GB External HD; new iPod charging cradle

Hi Deb,

Try removing all other USB and Firewire devices, and have only the
following configuration:

	PowerMac G4
	Apple Pro Keyboard
	Logitech Wiresless Optical Mouse (to keyboard)

First, connect the keyboard directly to the 17" Studio Display and
see if you have the sleep problems.  If not, also try and connect the
keyboard directly to the G4.

Try to establish a baseline, a stable hardware configuration where
everything works.  Then start introducing other devices into the
picture, one device at a time.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/