[X Newbies] Mac Mail Question Another One

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Tue Jul 22 10:48:09 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 03:01:17AM -0400, Anne Keller-Smith wrote:
:
: Ah, html mail.
:
: When my father gets it using OSX and Mail, the pics show up in glorious
: color. But when he goes offline, the pics disappear. Why is this? Pics
: from some friends are still visible after disconnection, but images in the
: Earthlink newsletter appear as little grey squares.

Some HTML emails are sent with pictures embedded with the rest of the
message.  These are viewable offline.

Other HTML emails have references to pictures on other web sites and
therefore only viewable online, and not viewable offline.

: If I could look at the html code beneath the email messages, I think
: I'd know what the problem is. But it doesn't have a View Source option
: as do the browsers.

You could ask your father to forward those HTML emails to you, so that
you could look at the HTML source.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/