[X Newbies] Mail Unexpectedly Quits

Jim Eddy giametti at mac.com
Fri Jul 25 09:17:38 PDT 2003

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 10:07 PM, Jim Eddy wrote:

> Recently Mail on our iMac has been quitting shortly after launch with
> the "Mail has suddenly quit" dialog. This happens with all three
> users, so it doesn't seem like it would be preferences. I've replaced
> the app from the one on my Pismo powerbook, but this doesn't seem to
> have any effect.  I have OS 10.2.6 on a G3 iMac (500mhz with 256MB
> RAM). Any ideas on what the problem is and how to get Mail working
> again?

Actually it is "Mail has unexpectedly quit." On the Apple discussion
board, there are a number of people with the same problem and no
answers. It's very frustrating. I'm beginning to wonder if it is an
Address Book problem. I need to find out something soon--my wife is
getting expectedly cranky about not getting her email, and my daughter
has switched to Entourage. Everything is OK on my laptop for me, so far.

Jim Eddy                                      James Eddy Woodworks
giametti at mac.com                                        Princeton, NJ
http://home.earthlink.net/~jameseddywoodworks