[X Newbies] MacJanitor

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 16:59:27 PDT 2003

On 7/27/03 3:13 PM, "Carol Weber Mckee" <carolwm at netins.net> wrote:

> I downloaded MacJanitor and tried to run it, but it says I need an
> administrator name and password.  I tried the ones I use for my
> computer, but it wouldn't accept them.  What can I do now?
> Thanks

Odd. Does the account you are logging in under have Admin privileges?

Under Jaguar you can check by going to System Preferences/Accounts.

Assuming you are logging in with an account that has Admin privileges when
MacJanitor asks for a name enter the short name for the account. To find
this short name go to System Preferences/accounts, click on the account you
are using and then click Edit User.

NOTE: if you're not running Jaguar things may be a bit different.

Copy what is listed for Short Name into the Name field for MacJanitor then
close System Preferences.

Next enter your password as you normally would.

MacJanitor should then work.
--
T. Patrick Henebry
tphenebry at comcast.net