[X Newbies] MacJanitor

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Sun Jul 27 22:26:55 PDT 2003

At 12:54 AM -0400 7/28/03, T. Patrick Henebry wrote:
>Interesting, my copy of Jaguar has no separate Repair Permissions utility.
>However, Disk Utility will do this if I boot from the install CD. This is a
>store bought copy of Jaguar.

The facility is indeed available as an option within the Disk Utility
application, not separately. Do *not* run it from the Install CD -
this, on a system which has been updated from the version as at the
original install, will result in some incorrect permissions (or
non-indication of incorrect ones).
--
'tis as said. [Reality is defined by being described]