Font type questions

David Boag spikedds at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 27 23:01:25 PDT 2003

I am a font newbie, so please bear with me.

I think I may have solved the font problem. Hiroshige is a PS1 font,
and I onlyhad 1 part of it (the suitcase I think).

Anyway, I am going to buy this font, because it's in my logo, and I
want to be able to make things match my logo in my marketing materials.
I have a few questions. Please keep in mind that I use a G4 tower/OS X
at home, but my new dental office will have PC's only running Wn2000Pro
and XP. I'll be using HP LaserJet printers, but I'll also have a Canon
non-Postscript printer for my color printer at the practice.

Is there a difference in buying the fonts from Linotype vs. Adobe?

When is it advantageous to buy PS vs TT? What are the advantages and
disadvantages of each?

My understanding is that OS X recognizes Windoze True Type files. True?
If so what would be the best type of font to buy that would allow me to
use it on both platforms? Windoze TT?

Thanks.
--
David R. Boag, DDS