[X Newbies] Font type questions

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Mon Jul 28 21:18:21 PDT 2003

On Monday, Jul 28, 2003, at 02:01 Canada/Eastern, David Boag wrote:

> Is there a difference in buying the fonts from Linotype vs. Adobe?

Not really. Buy where you get the best price.

> When is it advantageous to buy PS vs TT?

When you're into professional page layout/design.

> What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

That's too much for a few lines. Suffice it to say that, for your
purposes, TT is a good option. However, an even better option is OTF (I
can't remember if Win 2k recognizes OTF fonts -- you must check this
out), so buy those if they have them.

> OS X recognizes Windoze True Type files. True?

Yes.

>  what would be the best type of font to buy

Windows TrueType or OpenType.