[X Newbies] Viruses on X

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Jul 31 16:10:36 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 11:43:06AM -0400, TheMacintoshLady wrote:
:
: I am hoping the answer to this question is a resounding NO.
: Can OS X be infected by these .pif, .exe, or .scr files that are sent by
: PC users?

Nope.

: As I said these are .pif, .scr, and .exe files which are PC programs.
:
: And she keeps telling me she updated and ran her virus checker, but gosh,
: she, and the whole rest of my PC using family save for three of us, is
: most definitely still infected.

Make sure your friend does a full system scan.  This make take a few
hours depending on the amount of data on her system.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/