Corrupt message in Mail in-box kills app

Steve St-Laurent st-laur at telus.net
Mon Jun 2 07:52:04 PDT 2003

My Mail in-box is about 90 Mb in size. Today I received a message that
appears to have corrupted the mailbox. Now I can't even open the in-box
window without crashing. I know the offending file and would love to
delete it. [Curses again on HTML/rich-text email! Who cares what color
you want your sig in?]

Is there anything I can do to fix the mailbox. I tried opening it in
BBEdit Lite but it grabs only a part of the file. Would the full
version do an better?

Dear entomologist Cricket, is there any way to rebuild the In box?
Seems not to be the case but would be thrilled to be wrong. All advice
welcome. Private replies hopeless, of course, because the In-box window
crashes Mail and sometimes locks up the whole computer - yes, even in
OSX 10.2.6. But files from this list are filed elsewhere. TIA