[X Newbies] Links in mail

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 19 09:38:28 PDT 2003

Florin Alexander Neumann tapped out this message on 6/19/2003 11:24 AM

>there's no reason for Mail to interpret HTML tags as a such, and
>they're ignored. Which seems to me the way it's supposed to work.

Exactly. And the target="_blank" is to cause a new window to open, which
I guess is intended so that when the viewer is looking at this fully
rendered HTML in his mail app, when clicking on the link he is taken from
his mail app out onto the web, not simply loading another HTML page into
the mail application. (I don't know what would happen to some mail
applications in this case, as I do not spam, and refuse to work for
spammers who send out HTML mail)