[X Newbies] Mac Mail Question

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 19 09:35:29 PDT 2003

Florin Alexander Neumann tapped out this message on 6/19/2003 10:30 AM

>True, it was wrong in the "show it as a link or file" -- but it was
>right in that there was a setting that would turn the picture display
>on or off. Rather than "completely and in-no-way-related-to-the-query
>incorrect", it was both partially correct, and definitely related to
>the query. And cricket was "definitively" wrong "(and boy do I mean
>'definitively')" in stating that there was no such preference. So, if
>our main concern is "the elucidation of others who are better served by
>correct information than by completely erroneous offerings"
>(incidentally, what about the partially erroneous offerings?), then
>surely the self-professed software entomologist (what could be more
>post-modernist than that, I wonder?) must be corrected.

Than you, Alexander, for clarifying this for those who would jump down
other's throats too quickly. I can't tell you how much wrong information
I was sometimes given when first learning the computer. However, it was
always valuable in that eventually the situation to which the information
was related became evident and therefore useful.
In my experience most have not yet come across this setting and I felt it
might have something to do with the situation, even if it did not
completely solved the question it might have been a piece of the puzzle..