[X Newbies] DVD -1 or +1

Gretchen Hayman gretchen at sedl.org
Fri Jun 20 09:35:08 PDT 2003

On Friday, Jun 20, 2003, at 11:07 US/Central, TheMacintoshLady wrote:

> So DVD media should not be of the "rewritable" kind and I should get
> discs marked DVD-R not DVD+R discs?

If you have a "SuperDrive" as Apple calls them, then you have DVD-R/RW
capability.

> This means if my movie is only 150 MB
> I can't then add to it  at a later time?

Apple provided software (Disc Burner or Disk Copy) does not support
multiple session burning of any kind; you have to get Toast for
multiple session burning to CD-R/RW.  I don't know if Toast does
multiple session DVD burning (DVD-R or DVD-RW) though.  Anyone??

This kbase article talks about the specifications and usage info for
CD-RW, DVD and SuperDrive.

And these articles in the Apple kbase have even more info:

gretchen