[OT] Win2000 Passwords

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 28 11:23:57 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I know it's OT, but does anyone know a way of altering Win2000 passwords
without having to do a complete reinstall?  I'm trying to connect to a PC
but X keeps refusing to connect, giving a -5307 (?) error which is an
incorrect password according to the Apple KB.  I'm assuming the problem
is at the PC end, since I've tried all the passwords applicable to the Mac.

Needless to say with a Mac you only need to start up off the original
install disk and you get the option without having to do a complete
reinstall.  Recently having to work with this M$ crud makes me realise
how spoilt we are...

cheers,
Chris