[X Newbies] DHCP lost after upgrade

aussieblnd aussieblnd at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 29 17:55:04 PDT 2003

Yes its using PPPoE on the hub router.  G3 settings were never setup,  no
settings for TCP/IP were installed, Network setup was not run (nothing was
run except install). Computer  connected just fine, when I took a look at
the Preferences, Network, TCP/IP says PPP.  Nothing has ever been entered
into fields... But hey it works so I am gonna leave it alone.  Only know
what I see and didn't do.
First time around I ran network setup,  DHCP, even tried installing the
settings maually from my G4 and use the same port ......NO go.. never could
get it to work.
If it ain't broke, no touchie!