[X Newbies] Phone Number Mystery

RevBluejeans . mylasticposse at mac.com
Mon Mar 3 15:31:03 PST 2003

On Saturday, March 01, 2003, at 10:41AM, TheMacintoshLady <TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net> wrote:

>Scott tapped out this message on 3/1/2003 12:35 PM
>
>>It is not part of Mac OS X.
>
>I think TextEdit is an Apple application is it not? I could be mistaken
>there. Maybe it is due to the excessive features they crammed into it
>which are uneeded since we have Appleworks provided as well.
>FAXstf itself has never crashed, just TE.
 I think that is a misdirection. Consider, for instance, Freecell from Microsoft. It generally comes with XP, but that doesn't make it part of the OS per se. Similarly, Appleworks is not part of the OS, though it is an Apple app. Continuing along that line TextEdit is also not part of the Mac OS X. X is only the operational system. I wouldn't consider the Chess program that comes with OS X any more a part of the OS than I would Text Edit. Just a thought. Considering what you paid for it, what a bargain! :->
 Miles