[X Newbies] Phone Number Mystery

RevBluejeans . mylasticposse at mac.com
Mon Mar 3 17:46:15 PST 2003

>OK fair enough...now here's a question for you:
>
>I recently dumped a lot of my pref files. I just went over to the X
>machine and found that something had again "taken" it over.
Would you define for me what you mean by "taken it over." I don't understand what you are intending by that. Do you mean that the machine will not respond? Doesn't behave like it did a moment ago? A restart or two ago?

 I made sure
>that automatic QT and Software updates are turned OFF. Is there a central
>location from which to turn off INDEXING?
Was Sherlock trying to Index everything? Or are you talking about some other function? Is this INDEXING related to "Taken it over,"?
Miles