[X Newbies] Phone Number Mystery

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 4 14:01:48 PST 2003

Michael Winter tapped out this message on 3/4/2003 4:28 PM

>In the Finder, choose Preferences from the Finder menu. At the bottom
>there is a "Select..." button for "Languages for searching file
>contents". If you click that button, a new window pops up saying
>"Select the languages you want to use when you search the contents of
>files. Select fewer languages to make indexing faster and use less disk
>space." followed by a list of languages with checkboxes.
>
>The default has several languages checked. To make it faster, deselect
>all the extras. I don't know for sure if de-selecting all of them is
>equivalent to turning indexing off completely or not, but it would seem
>like that should do it.
>
>Might be worth a try.

THANKS!!! I had found this before but since it was not obvious I could
not remember where I had done it. That was just the info I was looking
for.
And you are right, it DOES turn it  off, it may have been turned on when
I deleted some prefs files.

Hey I'm no spring chickie anymore, sometimes we have so much to remember!
I knew there was  place to do this, I'd just done it two days ago.