Faxing problem solved, sort of! :-)

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 4 16:34:53 PST 2003

Apparently you can turn off (on a regular fax machine) incoming faxes
from long distance? This is what I suspect folks from the area code I am
trying to fax have done proably in order to stop spam.

Otherwise, I just faxed from my eMac long distance to a person in PA, who
was on their eMac, while they were surfing on cable modem.

So I am doing the long distance thing right and she was amazed that she
could surf and chat with me over AIM while the fax was being received.

I also tried calling a regular phone number in that area using my fax
line and that worked fine. So again, it's them, not me.

Problem solved, sort of!