[X Newbies] Indexing was: Phone #

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 4 16:40:00 PST 2003

RevBluejeans . tapped out this message on 3/4/2003 7:03 PM

>>This does not work. Sherlock is only for the internet.

> Hmmm.. I noticed that someone had mentioned that using Finder one can
>deselect other languages to make it index faster. However, I don't think
>that Sherlock is only for the internet (copyright Al Gore, 1992:-)

LOL, in 10.2.4 it is...now use Command+F and a small find function pops
up which I like much better..

I have kept processes running and see nothing special working, but the
best thing is to run some sort of script to do the daily/weekly/monthly
clean up and that will delete all your logs. THIS is what eats your drive
in X. I just needed a definitive answer on that and have discovered it on
my own.

For those who want it automated, download a file called Macaroni 1.3.3
and pay the $7.99. It's well worth it and you won't have to worry about
keeping your machine on all night. Install it and forget it.