[X Newbies] Hard Drive Upgrade

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Tue Mar 11 07:33:02 PST 2003

At 8:59a -0800 2003.02.03, Diego Terneus wrote:
>upgrade the hard disk on my TiBook (55o MHz) . I have the standard
>20 Gig that came with it but think I now need at least a 40 Gig
>drive.

Diego, are you planning to _replace_ your internal PowerBook drive?
If so, Dean's suggestion was excellent. I have a Fujitsu 30 GB in one
Lombard but another Fujitsu bit the dust a few months ago. Their
warranty process was painless but not particularly quick. Fortunately
the drive failed "gracefully", allowing me to get my stuff before it
was too late...

The other responses are relevant only if you plan to add capacity by
putting a new drive in an external enclosure.
--
It turns out that the real secret to success in the information age is
what it always was -- reading, writing and arithmetic ... The Internet