[X Newbies] Making PDF files readable in v5.0 for 9

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 13 15:37:44 PST 2003

Vincent Cayenne tapped out this message on 3/12/2003 11:25 PM

>So, as asked previously, what was the _name_ of the file created? Did
>you use the three-letter so that the file ended with ".pdf"? Because
>OS 9 is supposed to use the file name mapping in lieu of resource
>fork information. That's how come you were always able to
>double-click on files from all the other platforms that didn't use
>resource forks or, more correctly, TYPE/CREATOR metadata. Or is
>something amiss with the OS 9 box?

For some reason PDF files created on X will not open in 9 unless one goes
to the trouble of doing a FILE>OPEN which makes sense from the fact that
EVEN WITH the .pdf ending, it does not pick up the icon as it should....I
don't know why, but that is the way it turned out.