[X Newbies] Disk Warrior

Albert W D'Amanda aldamanda at comcast.net
Tue Mar 18 06:34:47 PST 2003

On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 06:27  AM, Stephen Foster wrote:

> he current Disk Warrior won't be of any use as it boots in 9. Am I
> right?

Not  true

I dont think it makes any difference what  operating system is used by
DW as a bootup as long as the  box can support it.

I use DiskWarrior V 2.1 ( boots into OS9.1)  to periodically
rebuild/optimize  my hard drive installed with
OSX 10.2.4( Jaguar) , and also my other drive with OS9.2 installed

Works fine in X , as advertized and delineated on Alsoft's web site

I understand DW will be released soon with an X boot, but at this time
I do not see what value this will have over the existing DW.

Could be that some features will be added, but dont know what they are.
  It remains to be seen if it will be worth the money to upgrade

Albert
B&W Yosemite  V1 // XLR8 G4 500/ 1MB  ZIF // 1024MB RAM
PCI Radeon 7000 Video Card
PCI ATA 126 Video Card
PCI SIGII Ultra 133/100 IDE Controller-IBM 60GXP 40GB
PCI Adaptec 4300 PCI- FW controlller :
    FW LacCie 48x24x48 Burner
    FW  OWC Oxford 911 / IBM 40GB GXP HD
Epson USB 1260 Photo Scanner