[X Newbies] Disk Warrior

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Tue Mar 18 07:51:21 PST 2003

On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 05:27  AM, Stephen Foster wrote:

> Within the next six months I plan on getting a new Mac and also
> changing from Norton to Disk Warrior. If it only boots in X then the
> current Disk Warrior won't be of any use as it boots in 9. Am I right?

Yes, you are right. Many new Macs can't be booted with OS 9, which
means DW will not work on those systems until an OS X native version is
available.

I keep hearing an OS X native version of DW will be available soon, so
hopefully it will be available when you make your purchase in a few
months.

> Also, does anyone know if the new version will still be useful for
> older os's?

My guess would be yes. The current DW CD has several System Folders
which means it can boot a wide range of machines. I'm guessing that
will not change.

-Mike