Mail doesn't show animated gifs

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun May 4 22:04:06 PDT 2003

> From: Anne Keller-Smith <earthpigz at earthlink.net>
>
> My father has a G4 iMac and uses Mail. He gets many messages from
> friends where the images don't show up, or don't show up right. Does
> anyone know why? Does Mail not do "html mail" or "formatted mail?"

Mail can do both of these things if it's set up to do so. A trip to his
Viewing preferences is probably in order.

In most cases, he should be GRATEFUL when these images don't show up
correctly. I've yet to be sent an animated GIF or other "joke" via
email that was worth the time or bandwidth. Many of them also carry
viruses (not that this will affect your Mac of course). It's a blessing
not to have to deal with them.

_Chas_

Recently on my blog: Tom Tomorrow! Check it out!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com, http://www.thismodernworld.com